Friday, May 16, 2008

And a good time was had by all...

Wednesday night was the first time at the Prairie City races for Jennifer and I, and we had a blast!

12 and 24 hour races are our usual modus operandi, so we usually don't compete in XC events. Our team, Victory Velo, needed another rider for the team competition, so I was basically volunteered.

The pace was fast and furious as expected, the course was fun (even if flat), and I even won some Cytomax in the raffle! The loose rock on course reminded me of the trails in southern Nevada without the cactus.

Jennifer opted to race without anything to drink. Didn't take long to regret that... it wasn't as blazing hot as it usually is at Prairie City this time of year, but it was hot enough... Her bike was giving her fits again. Time for some new parts, me thinks. Overall she had a good race, placing 6th even after having mechanical troubles, and getting taken out in a corner by some dude. Look out next week girls, Jen's gonna drop the hammer on ya!

I had a good race, too. My bike ran great and I had no problems there. Got nauseous on the 2nd lap and had to hang on to a guy's wheel (thanks Scott!) for a little bit until it went away, then I was able to pick up the pace again... 6th place for me and 15 points for the team.

Thanks to www.racemtb.com for the photos...

Here's Jen eyeballin' someones water bottle...



Me thinking I should have NOT gone to the front of the group right off the bat...



Jennifer making her XC debut...



Me dealing with traffic from other classes...


Until next week... get out and ride!

No comments: