Monday, March 24, 2008

Feels like a vacation... NOT!

I haven't ridden a bike in 2 weeks. Neither has Jennifer. I have been working and Jen has had the nastiest flu bug to come around in a while. I must be healthy because I didn't come down with it. (can you hear me knocking on wood?) So, today we went out on the road bikes for some high cadence spinning. Funny how I always think i'm going to have to start over after a layoff, but it's never as bad as I think. I feel the same way at the beginning of ski season too, as I get to the top of that first chairlift ride. Wondering if I will remember how to ski. You would think after twenty something years skiing and racing, that I would be over that, but after my skis hit the ramp at the top and I start to ski away that instinct just takes over and I realize that it's all there, right where I left it. It's good to be back at it, though.
The next race is only 18 days away, down in Boulder City, NV for the 12hrs of Bootleg Canyon. Jen and I are both racing as solo's, hopefully with a pit crew this time, so things should go a little smoother for us.
See ya out there!

No comments: